BRIDGE NOW REOPENED – CLICK FOR PERNAMENT TIMETABLES
Services 30, 30A, 30B
These two separate sets of changes are unrelated, but happening in the same places, at the same time.
Brechin Bridge Closure
Service 35, 140, 141 Auchmithie – Arbroath – Brechin – Stracathro
- Journey times between Friockheim and Brechin will be up to 10 minutes longer than usual as buses will divert via Burghill, B9134 and Castle Street. East Mill Road and Montrose Street will not be served by Services 140 and 141 whilst the bridge is closed;
• As a result of the bridge closure, many journeys will depart earlier or later than at present and passengers should check the timetable before travelling;
• Timetables for the Auchmithie-Arbroath section, or the rest of the route, can be found via these links.
Services 21, 21A, 31, 33 and 34
Due to ongoing flood prevention works in Brechin, a further closure of River Street will be implemented on Tuesday 26 January requiring diversions to local bus services.
Route 31 journeys to/from Arbroath will divert via Stannochy Bridge, the B9134 and Castle Street and the morning journey will depart Arbroath bus station 10mins earlier than normal, at 0704.
Route 31 journeys between Laurencekirk and Angus College will divert between Edzell Woods and Arbroath via North Water Bridge, Hillside, Montrose and the A92. Edzell, Brechin and Froickheim will not be served.
Route 33 will be extended to/from Edzell to provide an alternative service during the diversion of route 31, while continuing to serve Brechin.
Passengers travelling between Friockheim and Angus College should use route 27C.
Route 34 (Brechin town service) will continue its diversion and run via Bridge Street, Union Street and Montrose Street.
Services 21/21A will also run via Montrose Street to East Mill Road.
Instead of River Street, please use the stops on Bridge Street near the Sports Centre and on East Mill Road.
Brechin Community Campus Changes – from 22nd February 2016
Stagecoach/Nicolls/TeeJay/Wishart Service 30, from 20th /22nd February 2016
- Monday To Friday
- A new journey is being introduced by Wisharts on Monday-Friday evenings; 19.10 Stracathro Hospital – Brechin (19.25) – Montrose (19.46).
- A new journey is being introduced by Wisharts on Monday-Friday evenings; 20.05 Montrose (Scheduled to meet the 20.03 arrival from Arbroath) – Brechin (20.26) – Brechin Community Campus (20.29).
- On Saturday‘s, Nicolls shall divert some daytime Service 30’s, viz;
09.00, 11.00, 15.00 Montrose – Brechin Castle Centre will follow the same route into Brechin town centre, then operate to Brechin Community Campus instead.
09.27, 10.27, 14.30, 15.27 Brechin Castle Centre – Montrose, will now start from Brechin Community Campus at the same time, with times from South Esk Street (09.32, 10.32, 14.32, 15.32) onwards are unchanged.
- On Saturday‘s, TeeJay Travel shall divert some daytime Service 30’s, viz;
08.45, 12.15 Montrose Station – Stracathro Hospital journey will follow current route to Panmure Street, then via Brechin Community Campus (09.09, 12.39), then back to Brechin, Clerk Street (09.12, 12.42) then five minutes later to Stracathro Hospital.
09.35 Stracathro Hospital – Montrose Station will leave Stracathro five minutes earlier, at 09.30, then five minutes earlier to Brechin South Esk Street. Bus will then divert to serve Brechin Community Campus (09.42), before returning to South Esk Street (09.45) then resuming normal times to Montrose.
10.15 Montrose Station – Edzell journey will follow current route to Panmure Street, then via Brechin Community Campus (10.39), then back to Brechin, Clerk Street (10.42) then five minutes later to Edzell.
11.23 Edzell – Montrose Station will leave Edzell five minutes earlier, at 11.18, then five minutes earlier to Brechin South Esk Street. Bus will then divert to serve Brechin Community Campus (11.42), before returning to South Esk Street (11.45) then resuming normal times to Montrose.
13.30 Stracathro Hospital – Montrose leaves at the same time as now, before diverting via Brechin Community Campus (13.42), then back to South Esk Street (13.45) and then five minutes later to Montrose.
14.05 Montrose Station – Stracathro Hospital journey will leave Montrose ten minutes later than now (14.15) and will follow current route to Panmure Street, then via Brechin Community Campus (14.39), then back to Brechin, Clerk Street (14.42) then fifteen minutes later to Stracathro Hospital.
14.40 Stracathro Hospital – Arbroath will leave Stracathro 11 minutes later at 14.51, then 11 minutes later through to Montrose, and 10 minutes later through to Arbroath.
14.51 Arbroath – Stracathro Hospital will leave Arbroath six minutes earlier, and then six minutes earlier throughout the route to Brechin, Panmure Street. From there, the bus continues to Brechin Community Campus 15.46, and no longer serving Stracathro Hospital.
Wishart Services 140/141, from 20th /22nd February 2016 download a new timetable – please check the codes – the final printed Angus Council timetable booklet will be placed here when it is ready.
- Journeys at 19.49 Friockheim – Stracathro is withdrawn, along with 19.20 Stracathro-Friockheim and 20.30 Stracathro-Arbroath, Monday-Friday
- A new journey is being introduced from Brechin Community Campus to Arbroath at 20.28 (South Esk Street 20.32) to Arbroath 21.11.
Stagecoach Strathtay 34 from 22nd February 2016 new timetable not currently online – the final printed Angus Council timetable booklet will be placed here when it is ready.
Due to the opening of the new Brechin Community Campus and demolition works on the old school buildings, there will be minor changes to some journeys on service 34.
Until late September 2016, the schoolday only journeys will operate to Banks of Brechin instead of Duke Street for the school, while demolition of the old buildings is ongoing. These journeys will return to using Duke Street when the demolition work is complete.
In addition, the journey currently terminating at Clerk Street at 17.59 will be extended to Banks of Brechin via Latch Road, terminating at Southesk Street at 18.05.